Friday, June 3, 2011

Wistful

Feeling wistful, said the empty spaces.
And light and leaf shadow sat still and they waited.

I know you want me, but I just can't reach you, so I'm
Feeling wistful, said the light on the walkway.

I am invisible, I said with little breath.
And I'm feeling silent and forlorn, lonely and
Wistful for my burden to be borne.

I could succumb to this restful, this peaceful,
Sedate and serene anticipation... but this will
Never happen while I am waiting. Never can it happen that I

Will step into the light that falls so brashly and so softly.
So I'm feeling wistful, waiting, Feeling wistful, waiting.

Feeling wistful, said the empty spaces.
And I and my shadow comprise these empty spaces.

4 comments:

  1. Intresting POV, the empty spaces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abigail,

    It is sometimes difficult to fill those empty spaces.
    But we must keep trying.....

    Nice words from this poem.

    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you took a different path with this.
    Empty spaces leaves quite an impact~

    ReplyDelete
  4. As Poets United reaches its first anniversary this coming week we want to thank you for your support. Over the past year we have grown to 250 members plus and are steadily growing. Poets United is proud to have you as one of our members and look forward to another successful year. Your imagination, creativity and willingness to share with us is what makes our community such a wonderful place. Thank you for beautiful poetry and thank you for being a part of Poets United.

    ReplyDelete